Friday, June 15, 2012

The Kindness Of Strangers

Ireland truly is a magical place. In the past week I have been invited to dinner twice by complete strangers, I've had a coffee bought for me whilst lining up for a warm brew on a miserable day, and a couple of pints of Guinness were thrown my way whilst watching Ireland play Spain in the Euro Cup.

The most memorable occasion was one of the two dinner invitations resulting in accommodation being provided on a beautiful estate by a wonderful Irish lady and her daughter. In the afternoon I was taken horse riding and proved that a bicycle is more my forte, even though I rode like a champion..... I shared fine french wine with my amazing host, ate like a king and then rested my weary bones in the most comfortable of accommodation.

To those of you mentioned above, I sincerely appreciate your generosity and hope we keep in contact for many years to come.





1 comment:

  1. Darren, you look good on a horse for a bike rider.
    Its great to see that mums all around the world can spot a lonely person in need of food and loving care. Thanks to all those concerned for looking after my beautiful son. Happy birthday for tomorrow.
    Love Mum XX

    ReplyDelete