Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Tuesday It All Starts Again...

"Jet plane, fast train, automobile, sometimes we fly on a wing, 
  most times we roll on wheels…"      The Waifs - Goodbye - Sun Dirt Water - Sep 2007

The clock is counting down until I jump another big bird, headed for Ol' London Town. It's been 4 years since I last touched British soil so I'm looking forward to seeing Old Blighty again. 

All going well I plan on spending Easter in London before rolling south to Brighton to take in the sights and sounds on the iconic pier. Turning west I'll cycle straight for Cornwall, detouring via Lands End, just to say I've been there. From Cornwall my journey takes me north through Wales and into Scotland where I'll jump a ferry in early June. Destination, Belfast. 

Ireland has me excited and a little worried at the same time. The last time I was in Ireland I experienced three sensational weeks of warm, sunny weather. I assume that I cannot be that lucky twice, on can I ??? From Belfast I plan on cycling the spectacular Antrim coastline north then west toward Portstewart, stopping along the way at Bushmills for a dram or two of their famous whisky. This is where my sketchy plans come to an end, all I know is that my birthday will be spent in a quaint pub with many a pint passing through my hands, and that I need to catch a ferry bound for France on the 6th of July.  

Enjoy winter folks, I'm heading north for the summer. Oh, and don't worry, I'll remember to say hi to Lizzy for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment