Sunday, January 29, 2012

Elephants Rock

Well, Elephant Rocks to be precise...

After a relaxing rest day in Kurow I was itching to get back in the saddle and lay down a few more kilometres. Reaching the historic town of Duntroon I took a well earned break for  coffee and ran into a bunch of local cyclists who gave me a great tip on a side trip to Elephant Rocks. 

Located on private land approximately 300 meters walk from the roadside, Elephant Rocks is accessible thanks to a kind land owner who has opened up his property to tourists, free of charge. The area is being grazed by a flock of sheep which provided me with a laugh, when, on two occasions, rounding a corner I accidentally startled a number of sheep sleeping in the sunshine. A group of tourists from Japan I swear dirtied their pants as the sheep ran in all directions. There was screaming and frantic arm flailing as they ran for their lives in all directions, it was mayhem for a few seconds.

The speed in which the sheep shot off away from me, I swear they must have seen or heard my velcro gloves.









1 comment: