Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Arrowtown

Leaving the madness of Queenstown behind me I took to the road again for a massive 20 kilometre day to Arrowtown. Arrowtown is a little piece of paradise that arose of the the gold rush in the 1800's. I arrived on a beautiful sunny Sunday and the town was alive with music, dance and markets.

Arriving at the campground I ran into another cycle tourist, Frank. Frank is from Germany and has travelled through many countries in Asia and is following up New Zealand with a tour in Australia, Sydney to Darwin.

Before long Frank and I were I the local partaking in a few jugs of Tui. One led to two then.... well, an Australian and a German drinking together, you get the idea. The following day I was to undertake my most strenuous climb in New Zealand over the Crown Range, New Zealands highest sealed road. Frank assured me the the beer would give me the legs for the climb and sure enough, he was was correct. 










2 comments:

  1. More homemade fudge, had to resist!!!

    K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, check out the dude in the background in the photo of you and Frank.
    Leeha

    ReplyDelete